- Melbourne International Comedy Festival (Fri 7 Apr – Sun 23 Apr) – more comedy than you could ever want!
- Spanish Street Fiesta (Sat 8 Apr) – Enjoy flamenco dance performances, cooking demonstrations, a sangria bar and wine and sherry tastings, as well as a Spanish-style BBQ, a traditional paella station and a chorizo sausage making demonstration.
- Preston Market Big Fat Greek Day (Fri 7 Apr) – Enjoy live Greek bands, traditional Greek dancing, a cooking demonstration and delicious food stallholders.
- Farmers Market at Collingwood Children’s Farm (Sat 8 Apr) – Shop local and seasonal produce and visit the Collingwood Children’s Farm for only $2 adult entry (kids free). FULL REVIEW.
- Spanish Language Fiesta (Sat 8 Apr) – Participate in workshops, connect with locals and practise your Spanish in a vibrant laneway fiesta environment, complete with sangria and delicious food options.
- South East Asia Festival Carlton (Sat 8 Apr – Sun 9 Apr) – unites communities from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam by sharing their culinary and cultural heritage through food, music and dance.
- Pentridge Festival (Sat 8 Apr – Sun 9 Apr) – line up of artists showcasing Melbourne’s best and emerging talent, plus artisan stalls and diverse food offerings from around the world.
- Broadmeadows Street Festival (Sun 9 Apr) – vibrant and colourful event will be held to celebrate the cultural diversity of Hume City with food, dance and music.
South / South-East / Bayside
- Summer Sessions Ripponlea (Sun 9 Apr) – Spend a leisurely afternoon listening to live music, play a round of croquet or quoits or simply relax on the shady lawns of Rippon Lea House & Gardens.
- Farm Food Fun Green Olive at Red Hill (Sat 8 Apr) – The farm stage will be teeming with local farmers ready to share their secrets, the olive grove will transform miraculously into a ‘book grove’ with books specially chosen for young bookworms to read and be read to, we’ll be teaching basic farm skills and showcasing our best gardening tricks…plus on the lawn there will be kids’ activities galore!
- Venetian Carnivale Hawthorn (Sat 8 Apr) – Traditional Carnivale food and wines, street artists, lively entertainment, dancing classes.
- HarvEast Eastland (Sun 9 Apr) – one-day food and wine event showcasing chefs, producers and suppliers from the local region.
- Belgrave Big Dreams Market (Sun 9 Apr) – discover original and bespoke design pieces, some of the yummiest and freshest produce the area has to offer, live music, bouncy castle and facepainting for the kids.