Australia’s largest consumer food and wine exhibition the Good Food and Wine Show is fast approaching this weekend on 1-3 June at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre. It is a huge, fun and filling day out and if you’ve never been my tips are:
- take a shopping trolley. In fact, take two! There are lots of cheap deals on offer;
- take lots of cash, there’s a huge line for the ATMs;
- wear comfortable shoes and clothes. The site is massive and you’ll be doing lots of taste-testing, so an elasticised waist is a must; and
- don’t drive or ride a bike – there’s beer and wine on offer!
The show has stands featuring local and international food and wine, kitchen appliances, food and wine samples and hands-on activities plus celebrity chefs involved this year include Manu Feildel, Maggie Beer, Rick Stein, John Torode, Miguel Maestre and Adrian Richardson. If you’ve been before this year there are some new features – the Cheese Alley (sounds like something out of Wallace and Gromit), a Healthy Living Zone, Tuckeroo Cooking School and a Private Dining Room.
Tickets are $30 general entry and a Celebrity Theatre Pass is also $30.
Giveaway! Thanks to the Good Food and Wine Show I have two prizes on offer:
1. a double pass to see George Calombaris in the Celebrity Theatre at 11am Saturday 2 June; or
2. a double pass to Tuckeroo Cooking School at 12:30pm Saturday 2 June.
Both prizes include general exhibition entry as well.
To win all you have to do is leave a comment before 12 midday tomorrow Thursday 31 June. The passes will then be sent Express Post to the two winners in time for the weekend. Good luck!
And the winners are….#10 Jillian for George Calombaris and #45 Barbara for Tuckeroo! Your prizes will be sent to you today.